Roll On 2019!
2018 is nearly at an end. In fact, as I was typing that sentence, I received a push notification from a breaking news app that Sydney was celebrating New Year. Exactly why that is breaking news is a question for another day.
For me, 2018 has been one hell of a year for both family, work, and personal development.
- Family: I’ve now got a son as well as my daughter. One of each, feeling very lucky. New car, house completely redone exactly how we want it
- Work: Senior in all but pay check I’m doing a lot more at the beginning of projects rather than just being the ops guy
- Personal Development: I’ve been writing Node and Go this year. I actually rather enjoy it. It’s certainly where a portion of my time is going to be spent next year too.
Which leads me on to the point of this post, what do I want to achieve next year? There are a couple of things in the above categories, so I’ll just go ahead and list them out
- RHEL and AWS qualifications
- Write more code
- Blog more (possibly even about #2)
- Stop biting my nails
- Get trim (not fat) and stay trimmed (tame the beard daily)
- Go out walking more with the family
- Do more talks about devops things
So there you go. Not looking forward to 2019-12-31 when I look back on this post and realise I’ve done nothing…
Happy new year!